Max Anton Brewer
Entrepreneur, designer and full-stack software engineer. Looking for opportunities to change the world with AI.
Software Engineer Refined.U via Deep Corp 2023
Refined.U is a startup building generative AI tools in the beauty industry.
- Created novel image synthesis pipeline with Stable Diffusion, ControlNet and MediaPipe
- Built and deployed prototype web app with NextJS and Modal Labs GPU cloud
Software Engineer Minion AI via Deep Corp 2023
Minion AI is a startup automating computer tasks with large language models. The NPC project demonstrated LLM capabilities in the game of Zork.
- Achieved state-of-the-art performance on Zork with GPT-3 DaVinci by engineering a custom agent prompt
- Designed and developed unique graphical frontend for interactive fiction games with Svelte and DALL-E 2
Software Engineer Dryad Systems via Deep Corp 2022-2023
Dryad Systems is the company behind Sparklpaint, a fast and user-friendly app for image synthesis.
- Delivered a fully-featured progressive web app in <60 days using React hooks, reducers and context
- Achieved 1.0s time to interactive by automating image optimization, optimistic UI and intelligent caching
- Designed brand identity, product UX, graphics and typography
Software Engineer MobileCoin Inc. via Deep Corp 2021-2022
Mobilecoin is a secure, fast and environmentally friendly cryptocurrency integrated with Signal secure messenger. The Forest team maintains a Python library for payment-enabled chatbots on Signal.
- Advanced bots from conversational AI level 1 to level 2 by contributing to open-source Forest bot platform
- Evaluated technical options by red-teaming language models including Rasa, Dialogflow, GPT-3, and Jurassic-1
- Grew adoption among external developers by 30% by porting the Personate framework from Discord to Signal
Founder Organic Books 2018-2022
Organic Books is an independent bookstore in Albuquerque.
- Co-founded a successful brick-and-mortar bookstore by leading executive and technical decisions
- Created brand identity from scratch by designing name, logo, store interior, typography and merchandise
- Increased organic click-throughs from Google by 300% by building and SEO-optimizing static-generated React site
- Grew revenue 20% year over year by curating book selection with web scraping and data analysis in Python
The slightly intelligent rubber duck who helps you think out loud. With over 1000 followers on Bluesky, Berduck is the most popular chatbot on the platform. Check out his Know Your Meme page and Ribbonfarm article. Now running GPT-4!
The Mirror of Language 2022
Commissioned by the magazine Return to write about prompt engineering as a form of magic
Invented the local-first neural image search engine as a hobby project.
- Early adopter of deep learning embeddings from OpenAI’s CLIP
- Index 1000 images in 30 seconds, search them in less than 0.1
- Backend: Python, Node, Docker, CI/CD
- Data: PyTorch, Pandas, 🤗 Transformers, prompt engineering